A Lavish Bengali lunch spread

/
0 Comments
Like a typical Bengali, my husband too is very fond of fish curry and today being a Wednesday, he had a special demand to include fish curry in the lunch menu. He even clarified that he won't be taking a lunch box and instead would come home for lunch, so that he would be able to relish his favourite fish curry in peace. Whereas I was thinking about preparing chicken curry because it had been months since I prepared chicken. But seeing his eagerness for fish curry, I thought to keep chicken for some other day. But luck had something else in store for us. To make sure that I do not fail him by giving some excuse for not making fish curry, he himself went to the market early morning and got a kilo of Ilishi maach and kept it in the refrigerator. I was unknown to that fact, nor did he tell me that he had already brought Ilishi. By the time I went to the market, it was well past ten in the morning and so I couldn't find any variety of fish, all stocks had already been sold, I couldn't even find prawns. I couldn't have returned home empty-handed, so I bought a kilo of chicken. Thus I ended up cooking both fish curry as well chicken curry for lunch. However that was not all, in fact today's lunch was quite a lavish spread.  We had plain rice, dal, Ilishi jhol, chicken curry, kobi alu chor chori and doi cucumber salad. My husband was more than happy and ate the dishes to his heart's fill.




You may also like

No comments:

Thank you for liking my recipe. If you have any suggestion or any query, please do not hesitate to ask.