A Family Vacation that was long overdue

/
0 Comments
A family vacation was long overdue. It had been a while since we visited a new place. In fact it was exactly four years back when we went to Andaman and Nicobar islands. Since then, we hadn't really visited any picturesque place apart from the usual yearly trip to our ancestral home in Bengal. Time flies by so fast. Sonu, my son is already in the seventh standard before I could realise. I have lost count of the number of times when I felt like it was only yesterday that he was crawling around the house in a diaper! It's sad but probably inevitable that there will come a time when he would have a life of his own. In a few years from now, he would be in college and will get really busy in his studies and career. He may also even wish to leave for a different city or country to pursue his higher studies. Thus we mayn't have enough opportunities to be together as we do now. A family vacation is the best way to bond with your children. I want my kid to grow up to be independent but at the same time, also want to gift him with fond memories, our time of togetherness those that he can cherish for his entire life. Years later I'm sure he will be happy to go through the photos and videos of the times we spent together during vacations and will want to relive them. Also travelling can be a great learning experience for kids. It is way more fun to get to learn about things first hand than only reading about them in books or on television. When we take our family to a new country or state, the kids get an opportunity to learn about different cultures, history, environment, food habits and lots more. 

Apart from that, I am myself a travel-loving person. I love to explore new places. Ever since I was a teenager, I had always had a deep desire to visit at least ten exotic destinations in this lifetime. Maldives had been on the top of the list. While browsing through books and magazines, I had seen numerous postcard photographs of Maldives, they were so  picturesque and mesmerizing in pictures that I wanted to visit and explore Maldives for real. Last year in March, finally my wish got fulfilled when my hubby dear took us on a family vacation and I can't thank him enough. He knew that Maldives has been on my wishlist for long and last year he proposed for a family vacation to Maldives during Sonu's summer vacation. Keeping our budget in mind, we decided to go for a 4 day 3 nights stay in Maldives. We had already made elaborate plans for the vacation, about which flight to take, where to stay and what all islands to visit because there are over a thousand islands there. If chosen wisely, each island will give you a wholesome experience to remember.

Thanks to Yatra.com (through which we could select the most appropriate flight route to Male from Delhi as per our convenience) and Etihad Airways, it took only about ten hours to reach Male with a stopover at Abu Dhabi. The flight tickets from Delhi to Maldives were relatively affordable too. As per me, the best time to visit Maldives would be during the months of December to April. 

(Image Copyrights - www.shelovesglam.com)
Maldives has to be one of the best romantic places on earth. I couldn't contain my grin when my husband gave me the surprise of my life, the best gift that I could have ever wished for. The white sand beach, the pristine water, the blue sky... everything looked like so much like a movie wallpaper. At first we couldn't believe our eyes. I had never seen so much of vivid colours all around in real life before. Maldives vacation shall always remain an unforgettable experience. And as the cherry on the cake, the expression on Sonu's face, his amazement the moment we landed at Maldives was absolutely priceless, I had never seen him so happy and so excited before.

(Image Copyrights - www.shelovesglam.com)
Sonu and my husband remained busy in snorkelling most of the time, going after the fishes. I loved to see the father-son duo swimming and playing together while I relaxed on the swing at the same time watching over them. At other times, I was just strolling around the beach and capturing beautiful shots on my camera as mementos to take back. The sea view both during dawn as well as during sunset was absolutely spectacular. 

(Image Copyrights - www.maldives.com) 

(Image Copyrights - www.alphamaldives.com)
There was so much of calm and peace in Maldives. I can't actually dream about that kind of quietness in any of our metro cities. I so wished I could live there forever. It was a wonderful experience, away from the din and bustle of everyday life. And an absolutely unforgettable vacation. The trip did cost us quite a lot of money but we also thoroughly enjoyed our time there and made wonderful memories. Everyone should plan for such vacations and trips. 




You may also like

No comments:

Thank you for liking my recipe. If you have any suggestion or any query, please do not hesitate to ask.