Beat your urban driving blues with Redi-GO

/
0 Comments
Last week me and my family (my husband and my son Sonu) decided to go on a short vacation to Shimla. Sonu had been insisting for a vacation for ever since his final exams got over, and his school closed for the summer vacation, he was feeling really bored at home. Of course, watching TV is no more fun and I remain busy in the kitchen most of the day. To make matters worse, almost all of his friends had gone visiting some place on a vacation and he was feeling left out. I was also looking for a getaway from the usual chores for at least a couple of days. In any case, it had been quite a long time since we went somewhere on a vacation. So my husband too didn't resist and instantly agreed on the idea. After careful consideration and thinking over all probable locations, we finally zeroed down on Shimla. What better place to visit to get respite from the scorching sun and the terribly high temperatures in Delhi. Everything fell into place and we were all set to drive up to Shimla. My husband was to drive our car. But little did we know then that all our plans were going to be spoilt because of our car!

We started early morning from Delhi and we had hardly moved a kilometre when our car broke down. Shimla was still so far away. To our misfortune, there was no garage in the vicinity. Although my husband tried hard to start the car but it just didn't. All our dreams of fun and enjoyment instantly got crushed. Our car had been giving us troubles every now and then. Finally after waiting for almost an hour, my husband managed to find a mechanic. When he checked the car, he said that the engine had to be changed and that it had passed its shell-life. That came as a shock to us, because we had purchased this car only some four years ago. How can a four year old car suddenly die so soon?
The mechanic told us that the car couldn't handle the wear and tear that it used to face being driven everyday on the potholed roads; its engine and body weren't that strong. Thus all our vacation plans got cancelled due to the car. Obviously our son Sonu was hurt the most but more than that, the failure of the car infuriated my husband so much that he decided to replace it with a new one.

At first I was reluctant but then relented when both my son and my husband persisted. Thus the last few days, our evenings are spent in long discussions about which car to buy. We have also taken a few test rides of certain cars and weren't that convinced. Moreover, after having been failed by our four year old car once, we do not want to take chance and repeat our mistake.

Stylish features -
Yesterday morning, my husband came up to me and excitedly shared with me the news about the launch of RediGO by Datsun. He told me that Datsun is launching India's first Urban cross car - Redi-GO that has the features of a crossover as well that of a hatchback and promises to blow away our driving blues. He also showed me its pictures and I must admit that the car RediGO does look very stylish and classy. The designers of Datsun have given it a very catchy style.



Promises a zippy driving experience as well as superb fuel efficiency -
Although I am not that knowledgeable about the technical specifications of a car but I was told by my husband that the RediGO promises to provide a zippy driving experience as well as superb fuel efficiency. He said that the car is built on a common module family (CMF-A) platform and has been given a very powerful engine with a capacity of 0.8L (800cc), three-cylinder engine combined with a five-speed manual transmission, which will provide comfortable and robust driving experience. As per my husband, this car would be able to handle the driving blues that one usually faces in a city because of this powerful engine. In addition tot hat, he also said that the coupling of 0.8L (800cc), three-cylinder engine with a five-speed manual transmission will result in far better fuel-efficiency than what our old car used to give.

Best in class ground clearance of 185mm -
He also told me that the RediGO has got the best in class ground clearance of 185mm which will result in better visibility and high eye point and thus the driver will feel confident driving the car through the city. The tall frame of the car would also mean that there will be sufficient interior space inside the car and so driving will be very comfortable.





Fun. Freedom. Confidence. The ultimate Urban Cross - Datsun redi-GO - the capability of a crossover with the convenience of a hatchback. The RediGO promises to give full value for our money. In short, the RediGO is a full paisa wasool car!

The coming Sunday, me and my family will be visiting the Datsun showroom in South Ex to take a test drive and see whether driving this car is indeed fun and comfortable as Datsun promises. Hoping for the best.


You may also like

No comments:

Thank you for liking my recipe. If you have any suggestion or any query, please do not hesitate to ask.